Pages

Monday 19 March 2012

HI San Francisco Downtown Hostel (16th-19th March)

The Downtown hostel is modern, clean and in a brilliant location! The atmosphere is fun and welcoming and the staff are excellent. I love this hostel!

Location:
The location of this hostel is excellent. It is right in the heart of downtown and easy walking distance from the shopping areas, China Town, bars, restaurants and clubs, the cable car stop and all public transport. Although it is in central downtown I didn't find the hostel noisy at all and I felt very safe. I found the hostel to be a very comfortable and relaxing place with lots of chill out areas, like the lounge on the 2nd floor and the movie room on the 4th floor. There are lots of bars and restaurants in the local area and just round the corner you will find the main shopping area, Union Square.

The Room:
I was lucky enough to stay in a lovely private room during my stay here at the Downtown Hostel. It was a blessing after sleeping in dorms since January! The bed was amazingly comfortable and the room also had its own sink and wardrobe so I made myself at home. I think I could have slept forever in this room, I didn't want to leave!

Activities and Events:
There are activities and events being run almost everyday at the hostel and are organized by the activities coordinator Jesse James. The events include pub crawls, cheese and wine tasting, walking tours, bike rides, movie nights and free pizza! Jesse is a lot of fun and a great person to be running the events! Sign up for the events at the front desk and go and meet fellow travellers!

Breakfast:
The breakfast is served daily from 7-10 and includes fresh bagels & toast with your choice of topping, fruit, tea and coffee. The dining area is a very social place and you will share tables with other guests so it's a great time to meet others and share your travel stories and gather tips and ideas!

Hostel Amenities:
Events, free breakfast, wifi, kitchen, laundry, lounge, cinema room, computer room, 24 hour reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment